Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hergert Numbers in Boston!


How did you spend your Veteran's Day this year? I got up bright and early and headed out to the oldest ballpark in America - Fenway Park in Boston - to spread the word. It was a chilly morning (as you can see by my bright red nose), but I temporarily removed my jacket to display my Hergert Numbers spirit for the official tour photo.

As many of you know, I was in Boston for the 2010 AMATYC national conference where 1285 math teachers had gathered to learn about and share all things mathematics. I couldn't think of a better time to continue my quest to popularize the term Hergert numbers. So, I printed up business cards to give out to colleagues I met throughout the conference. It's too early to tell how much they helped, but it sure made for a convenient conversation starter.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a photo with my HN shirt or hat on the Harvard Bridge where the smoot marks are painted, but I only got there at night and it may have been a little dangerous to lie down on the bridge sidewalk for the proper pose with all the bicycle traffic. On the other hand, it'll give me something to shoot for the next time I'm in Beantown.

No comments:

Post a Comment